As a homeowner, you have every right to add upgrades to your home to fit your personality and needs. Part of the excitement of having your own home is customizing it according to your liking. However, if your home improvement projects are geared towards appraising your home value, some projects are more worth it than others. Even if you’re in your retirement home you’ll still want to consider return on the investment.
In this article, we will be enumerating the 6 home renovation projects and compare which 3 are more expensive and which 3 are less expensive.
3 Small, Less Expensive Improvements that Earn their Keep
- Wood Deck Addition – This renovation may cost you around $9,237 but the cost recouped will be 77.3%. Home buyers like having a deck to relax or entertain guests in, so if your house doesn’t have this, it is best that you have one installed. Not only will your house be more functional and have a more spacious outdoor living space, it will also improve your house’s value.
- Vinyl Window Replacement – This renovation may cost you around $9,770 but the cost recouped will be at 71.2%. Insulated vinyl is a great upgrade for aging windows. This material also saves on heating and cooling.
- Steel Entry-Door Replacement – This renovation may cost you around $1,137 but the cost recouped will be at 85.6%. A steel door is one of the least expensive front door options. It may be susceptible to dents but it can easily be repaired. Home owners prefer this type of door as it can also help cut energy costs because of its insulating value.
3 Big Home Renovations that are More Expensive
- Kitchen Remodeling – This renovation may cost you around $53,931 but the cost recouped may only be around 68.9%. The kitchen is one of the most important parts of a home to a homeowner, aesthetically and functionally. This is why most owners choose major renovations in this part of the home by adding top-of-the-line appliances, custom cabinets, granite counter tops, commercial-grade range, and tile backsplash. All of these additions may amount to $107,046 but may only add $64,113 in the home’s value.
- Master Suite Addition – This renovation may cost you around $101,873 but the cost recouped will only be around 63.2%. Do you know that adding a walk-in closet and full-bath can only add $64,000 to your home’s value? Commercial bathroom upgrades make a better return here.
- Two Story Addition – This renovation may cost you around $152,470 but the cost recouped may only be around 65.4%. Adding second story with a 26×16-foot addition with a family room, bathroom, and bedroom will cost you $53,00 more than it will add to your home’s resale value.
While you can do whatever you want to your home, it’s a great idea to consult with a real estate agent near you to figure out if this is going to add value in your neighborhood.
If you’re thinking of upgrading your home it might be time to upgrade your security. Contact Us today to get a free estimate and evaluation to give you peace of mind while you have these upgrades.
If you’re here then you already care about safety and security. Recently, a Saskatoon woman says her carbon monoxide detector saved her life. CBC reports this story just recently.
Pearl Korentchenko and her boyfriend noticed their furnace was not working when they returned from an outing on Thursday night.
Typically neighborhoods above the “luxury” line are the ones that really need to worry about security. Here’s our top 5 picks for Saskatoon home security upgrades right now.
5 Neighborhoods That Need Security Now
- Furdale, Saskatoon – home to Saskatoon’s own Golf Club and with an average price of $1.5 Million you can bet they need security.
- Albert Park, Regina – while most visit here to see the dinosaurs with an average price of a home around $900K you can expect that home security needs to be improved!
- Arcola Esat, Regina – with a collection a trails, amenities, and golf you can expect that these homes are in need of some home security.
- Briarwood, Saskatoon – more of an actual neighborhood or subdivision, Briarwood features homes from the high $700’s
- Nutana Park, Saskatoon – located on the south side of Saskatoon, the homes can range all the way to the millions.
and just for fun, how about an Atlanta GA city?
Brookhaven, GA – This is an actual city that will be confused for Atlanta. With home prices as high as $2 million and no gates, you can expect that homes in Brookhaven GA have high security needs.
The first wave of DIY security systems didn’t have security camera integration, however, the idea of web cams and other video camera devices doubling as a security camera is nothing new.
Do you need a Home Security System?
As a home owner, you may consider whether or not you should purchase a Home Security system, especially if you live in a safe neighborhood. The truth of the matter is that all homes should have these systems, no matter where they live. Not only will it provide peace of mind and additional security to your family and your home, but it will also help reduce the cost of your home insurance premiums. So, it does not matter how safe your neighborhood is, or how simple and plain your home may be, it is still possible that it can get broken in to, and for this reason, all home owners should purchase a Home Security system for their family’s protection, and to secure the home and its external perimeters. Do you have questions or need to get a price on a security system for your home or office?
Now it is easy to take advantage of a complete video camera option within your home at a reasonable price. Check out live video signal from your own laptop or smart phone with a home security camera. Your Cura digital cameras allow you to schedule video filming while you’re away from your own home or anyone can easily set the cameras to record video clips when ever motion is determined. An individual can select to get notified each time a video is recorded via text message as well as electronic mail, and watch them on your laptop or via an iphone or Android app on your mobile phone. With the addition of video protection to your Cura Home Security System you can actually benefit from not only intrusion safeguards but also the comfort and ease that comes with watching what exactly is taking place on your property at any time, from any place. Questions about home security cameras in Saskatoon Canada?
Save on your current home owner’s insurance: Most insurance companies will offer a considerable price reduction on your homeowner’s insurance coverage. The amount of the discount is determined by your insurance agency and also on the type of insurance policy along with the protection you have purchased. Commonly, you can expect from about 5 to 20 % off of your homeowner’s insurance policy premium. Make certain to prepare the actual certificate of security system ownership within your customer welcome packet and also send or email the page to your insurance agency to get your price reduction.